Our search engines
Privacy notice for Trovit job candidates and potential candidates
TROVIT is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information, and guarantees compliance with personal data protection legislation and, in particular, that your personal information will be processed: lawfully, loyally and with transparency; according to explicit and legitimate purposes; only if it is appropriate, relevant and limited; in a way that allows the interested party to be identified only during the time necessary for the purposes of the processing; and guaranteeing your safety.
In accordance with the provisions in current legislation on the protection of personal data, specifically in REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2017 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), we inform you about the processing of your personal data during your employment relationship with TROVIT and afterwards.
However, certain processing of personal data may be subject to other privacy notices that will be provided at the specific time when they are requested or brought to you. In case of proceeding with the update of this privacy notice, we will notify you in writing appropriately.
You must read this notice, and if applicable, its updates, in order to be aware of the purpose of the processing of your personal data and circumstances thereof by TROVIT.
This privacy notice is not part of any work contract or other contract for provision of services.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
The responsible for the processing of personal data is TROVIT SEARCH, S.L.U., with address on Avenida Diagonal 601, 9th floor, 08028-Barcelona (Spain), with Tax ID Nr. B-64342454, and this email address for data protection: email@example.com
Which are the principles of data protection?
We are compliant with the legal regulations regarding data protection, which, among other things, stipulate that the personal data we keep must:
- Be used in a legitimate, fair and transparent way;
- be collected only for valid purposes, which we have clearly explained, and not be used in any way conflicting with such purposes;
- be relevant for the purposes we have explained and not for any other purpose;
- be correct and stay updated;
- be kept only as long as necessary for the purposes explained;
- and remain safe and confidential.
What is “Personal Data” or “Personal Information”?
“Personal data” or “personal information” is any information with which you can be identified, either through an identifier (for example: your name, information about your location, or an online identifier like your IP address) or other factor specific to your physical, cultural or social identity (for example: your social background, external interests, etc).
It does not include information whose identity has been removed (like anonymized information).
Which personal information do we obtain and process?
We may be processing the following personal data about you during the recruitment process, although not strictly limited to this list, and bearing in mind that the type and amount will depend on the stage of the recruitment process that you are in:
- General information, such as your name, address, contact information (work and personal), date of birth, gender, civil status, family information.
- CV data and information related to hiring, such as your residence and work permit, detailed professional/work history, references, salary and benefits history, and any other information included in your CV or cover letter as part of the application process.
- Information gathered through interviews, personality tests, practical tests, or similar.
TROVIT collects and processes your personal data as a result of the recruitment process, which includes different types of contacts and interactions over a period of time, as well as conducting interviews, tests, and others, in order to assess the relevance of a potential hiring for the Trovit team. No personal data is collected without being necessary for the purposes of the recruitment process.
How do we obtain your personal data?
- From you: we usually collect your personal information directly from you through the application and evaluation processes — personal information contained in your application forms, CV, passport or other identity documents, or obtained in interviews or other evaluation forms (including personality tests and various technical tests).
- From third parties: we can receive information from third parties, such as social networks for job search (e.g. Linkedin), temporary employment or job search companies, always in compliance with data protection regulations. Additionally, we could also obtain information from the people that you may indicate as a reference.
In case that we obtain information from third parties, including past employers, we will inform you of it.
In case that you won’t provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to carry on with the recruitment or hiring process and with our legal obligations related to those.
What is the purpose of processing your personal information?
Our recruitment process consists of establishing trusting relationships with people whose professional profile may fit with the culture of TROVIT and with the type of roles that usually work in a company like ours.
Therefore, the purpose of the collection and processing of the information mentioned in the previous section is to be able to make an assessment of your professional profile as complete as possible, to allows us to assess the convenience of offering you a job at TROVIT, either pursuant the collection of information or at a time in the near future in which one of our teams has a vacancy of a fitting profile.
TROVIT guarantees confidentiality in the processing of your personal data. The data will be processed only for the purposes aforementioned, and will not be used for any other purpose conflicting with those described here.
Changes to the purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another purpose directly compatible with the original.
Why do we process your data?
The information you provide us will be processed according to the following purposes:
- Take actions before entering into an employment agreement with you (Base 1)
- Comply with legal obligations (e.g. check if the applicant can work in the country before the employment begins) (Base 2)
- Exercise our legitimate interests as a company and employer (e.g. hiring), and as a company and possible employer — this allows us to manage the hiring process, assess and confirm the candidate’s fitting with the given type of vacancy, and decide who to hire. We may also need to process information from job seekers to respond and defend ourselves against legal claims (Base 3)
As required by the legislation on data protection, we have evaluated and confirmed that our legitimate interests are not revoked by the rights or freedoms of applicants.
We will only process special categories of data when necessary to (i) comply with our legal obligations in the field of labour law and social security and protection; (ii) for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims or lawsuits; or (iii) when its processing is necessary for preventive or labor medicine purposes, evaluation of the employee’s work capacity.
How long do we keep your data for?
As a company that operates in the IT sector, our policy of keeping personal data related to recruitment is directly related to the particularities of the employment market in this sector. Specifically, the high turnover and the very high incidence of recruitment by direct search in this sector, makes it necessary to keep the data of potential candidates for a period of time that allows us to fulfill our purpose of being able to hire professionals with whom we have established a relationship that is not necessarily contingent to the specific moment when we have a suiting vacancy.
Therefore, your data will be kept for a standard period of three (3) years from the time they have been registered. Once this period has elapsed, the information will be deleted as a general practice. In those cases in which we find it necessary to continue keeping your data because it is relevant for the purposes aforementioned, we will notify the extension for a new standard period of 3 years.
If you are hired, the personal data collected during the hiring process will be transferred to your personal file and will be kept during the period of employment. You will be given information regarding the periods during which we store your data in a new privacy notice for employees of TROVIT.
To whom will your data be transferred?
Your data will be shared with third parties when necessary for the improvement or execution of the employment contract and to any official bodies to comply with our legal obligations.
In case of being hired at TROVIT, your data will be accessible by external service providers such as the management and administration of social and welfare benefits, trips, insurance or selection and training processes. Some of these service providers are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so there will be an international transfer of data to a third country, which implies certain risks for your privacy due to the absence of a decision of adequacy and of adequate guarantees.
Which are your rights?
The owner of the data and/or its legal representative have the right to access their personal data subject to processing, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, when necessary, request its erasure when the information is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected for, as well as exercising the right to object and restrict its processing, and the right to data portability. In the case of having obtained the consent by the owner of the personal data, this owner has the right to withdraw said consent at any time.
You can submit your requests for the exercise of your rights through the following channels:
- In writing to the postal mail address: Avenida Diagonal, 601, 9th floor, 08028-Barcelona (Spain)
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you have are not satisfied in exercising your rights, you can file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Security of the information
TROVIT has taken security measures to prevent loss, unauthorised access or usage of your personal information or its inadequate modification or disclosure. Additionally, we will limit access to your personal information to those who need to process this data for reasons directly related to the purpose of its collection, who will only process your personal information following our instructions and being bound to a duty of confidentiality.
We have implemented procedures to countermeasure any potential data protection breach, and we will notify you and any relevant regulatory entity, as appropriate, of any alleged breach, in accordance with our legal obligations.
Date of the last update: May 25th, 2018