At Trovit we simplify search by centralising millions of ads from thousands of websites in just one click. To run a website with 100M visits per month in over 50 countries is certainly not a piece of cake but with more than 10 years of experience and a brilliant team behind the scenes we manage to help our users to make the best possible decision when they search for the life they want, every single day. Want to know more about Trovit?
At Trovit you’ll find a small team doing big things in an actual start-up atmosphere. We set ourselves challenging goals, promote autonomy as a way to achieve ever-higher summits, interact and collaborate with humbleness and have a supportive approach as our main driver. Want to know more about the way we work?
To enable a working environment where we can innovate faster, adapt quicker and have a bigger impact, our tech teams are working in a challenge based system, taking on new challenging projects every few months. This means that at Trovit you will have the opportunity to also challenge yourself, evolve, share your knowledge and apply your skills to several ambitious projects.
As a Big Data Engineer at Trovit you will be working with making sense of data of all kinds, leveraging Hadoop, Spark and ML technologies. We promise you one of the most interesting Internet projects that is currently on the market to work on our distributed data processing workflow.
What we require of you:
- Proficiency with at least one JVM language; Java, Scala
- Previous experience with big data environments; Hadoop, Spark, Solr, NoSQL, etc
- Rock solid computer science knowledge and a passion for data
- Love to code and taking care of performance, testability and design
- A problem solver with a devops mindset
- Team player is a must because of our flat team structure
- Experience working in Agile projects
What we offer you:
The most important things that we offer at Trovit is our culture and an environment where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges, make an impact while learning and growing along the way.
We also offer several benefits and perks, like:
- Private medical insurance
- Restaurant vouchers
- Free snacks, drinks and fresh fruit
- Bike parking
- Two yearly retreats usually involving skiing or sunbathing
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!